Career Counseling: Monday sessions
27 January 2020
Sessions of 1.5h can be booked throughout the year
The career counseling sessions take place via skype, zoom.us or Teams to avoid further spreading of the Corona virus. Please feel free to book your session. Lucia Smit (Braingain) will contact you to discuss the practical aspects of your session.
The aim of the individual career counselling sessions is to support VIB employees with urgent career questions.
The Career Counselling sessions take 90 minutes and will give you the opportunity to help you with:
- Extra support for preparing an application
- Practising a job interview
- Motivational questions
- Discussing a career opportunity
- Work life balance
- Dealing with stress
- Preparing for a performance review with your group leader
Everybody working at VIB with urgent career questions
- A booking can be cancelled until 24 hours before the actual career counselling takes place. Otherwise it will be considered as actual career counselling hours.
- The career counselling will take place at VIB offices in Ghent or via skype, dependent on the number of participants. Participants will be informed consequently.
- The career counselling sessions are also organised in Leuven, Ghent and Antwerp.
Lucia Smit, Braingain
Doctor Lucia Smit is a professional career guide for PhDs and postdoctoral researchers. After finishing her dissertation on the careers of PhDs in the private sector at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, she started to guide high potentials in their careers and developed several tools to optimize their placement in a non-academic context. Doctor Lucia Smit is member of international OECD working group on the careers of doctorate holders and consultant for private companies on their R&D and HR strategy for more than 10 years.