Career Guidance for PhD's and Postdocs, Leuven
Intake interview on 11 January or 18 January 2019
The aim of this course is to support last year PhDs and Postdoctoral researchers in:
- Defining new career opportunities.
- Gaining insight in their competences and qualities.
- Learning how to present themselves to future employers in a professional way.
The Career Guidance Course approach:
- It consists of 3 modules.
- Each module deals with a specific topic of career guidance.
- Each module consists of an individual session and a group session.
- You can choose your own menu.
- The course starts with an intake where we will discuss the content of the program and your needs.
- During the intake, you book the sessions you wish to follow during the corresponding semester.
- Final registrations will be based on motivation, availability for participation and urgency.
- The course is offered every semester.
- Places are limited: 12 participants for the individual sessions, 15 participants for the group sessions.
Lucia Smit, Braingain
Doctor Lucia Smit is a professional career guide for PhDs and postdoctoral researchers. After finishing her dissertation on the careers of PhDs in the private sector at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, she started to guide high potentials in their careers and developed several tools to optimize their placement in a non-academic context. Doctor Lucia Smit is member of international OECD working group on the careers of doctorate holders and consultant for private companies on their R&D and HR strategy for more than 10 years. For more information visit www.braingain.be.
11 January 2019 or 18 January 2019 - Room O&N4 04.17 - individual session of 30 minutes
Module 1: Career Exploration
Discover your career options
1 February 2019 or 8 February 2019 - Room O&N4 04.17 - individual session of 60 minutes
15 February 2019 - Room 06.239 - group session from 11h00 - 14h00
Module 2: Discover your competences and qualities
Detect your qualities and downsides
1 March 2019 or 15 March 2019 - Room O&N4 04.17 - individual session of 60 minutes
Discover your competences
22 March 2019 - Room 06.239 - group session from 11h00 - 14h00
Module 3: Effective job application
Review your CV and cover letter
5 April 2019 or 10 May 2019 - Room O&N4 04.17 - individual session of 60 minutes
Convincing a jury
17 May 2019 - Room 06.239 - group session from 11h00 - 14h00
Tel: +32 9 244 66 11