After creating a new account I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, what do I do now?
Not receiving a confirmation e-mail is often linked to two causes:
- The e-mail address you entered is not correct. As a result the confirmation e-mail will bounce and you will never receive it.
- The e-mail got stuck in your spam folder.
If your spam folder is empty or you did not receive the confirmation email, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we'll contact you as soon as possible.
What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee includes:
- access to the training sessions
- all training materials
- welcome coffee and coffee breaks
It does not include:
- travel costs
- hotels costs
My payment has failed, what do I do now?
A failed payment can be linked to different causes:
BROWSER - The problem can be linked to the browser you use, or even the browser version. So in first instance we would ask to try in another browser.
FIREWALL - If this doesn't help, we suggest to try to do the registration on another computer in another place. Some firewall settings don't allow people to do payments to unknown suppliers. In some companies that is the case, and this disables the user to finalize a payment.
CREDIT CARD - Last but not least, you should also be aware that some banks have certain suppliers on a black list. As a consequence your bank does not allow you to pay to the supplier. To prevent this, we advise you to get in contact with your bank and ask them to check if our domain is recognised as a trusted supplier.
In case these suggestions do not make a difference , we suggest you send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can look for a solution.
I need an invoice
Participants automatically receive a (payment) confirmation after registering for a training. If you need an invoice, please thick the corresponding box ‘I need an invoice’ during the registration process and add your VAT number. Invoices can be requested up to 4 weeks after an event. After this period, requests will no longer be taken into consideration.
I want to cancel my registration, how does it work?
Courses can be cancelled until one week prior to the course, unless otherwise stated. To cancel your registration, you need the confirmation email you received after registering. In this email you will find a link to cancel your registration.
In case of no-show without timely notification or valid justification (medical attestation in case of illness, a clarification by your group leader in any other case), following actions will be taken:
- You will not be admitted to any future VIB TRAINING course during 12 months following the no-show. For courses consisting of several days, we expect you to be present at all days.
- For science events, upon no-show without valid justification, the catering costs (€ 50) will be charged to your Research Group.
- For some of our courses, a no-show fee is charged (for courses of several days this applies when attending less than 75% of the course days). This is indicated clearly on the webpage of the specific course and during the registration process.
I don't receive email updates
Once you are registered for one of our courses, you will receive regular e-mail updates. In case you do not receive any updates, this means the e-mails don't find their way to your inbox. This can be caused by different factors:
- Check your spam-folder: It is possible that you did receive our e-mails but they got stuck in your spam folder. This means your e-mail client doesn't see our email@example.com account as thrustworthy.
- Confirm our e-mail account in your e-mail clients' whitelist: A whitelist is a record of the e-mail accounts that are valuable and thrustworthy. To prevent problems in receiving e-mails, it is important to add our e-mail account to your client's whitelist. More info
- Your organization's server settings: In case our e-mails do not get to you, it is plausible that they got blocked by your organization's e-mail server firewall. To prevent this you can ask your IT admin to check whether the domain of our e-mail account is on the server's blacklist.
What are the measures VIB Training takes to prevent COVID-19 spreading during in classroom training?
- We book large meeting rooms and/or limit the number of participants to ensure maximum compliance with the social distancing rules - in particular a distance of 1.5m between each person. The venue’s hygiene measures are enclosed in the email participants receive about two weeks before the start of the course.
- At the entrance of the meeting rooms, there are hand sanitizers to disinfect your hands when entering/leaving the room. You can wash your hands in the toilets at any given time; there are always disposable sanitising wipes available.
- Please don’t forget to bring your face mask. You will need to wear it when circulating (not when you’re seated at your desk, unless you feel more comfortable wearing it then as well).
- During the coffee breaks and lunches, the room is properly aired.
- Lunch and snacks are packaged individually – drinks are offered in disposable cups. May we insist that you do not gather up during the breaks! The weather permitting, you will be able to go outside during the breaks.
- The VIB COVID-19 contact person for Training is Joke Baute (09 244 66 11 - firstname.lastname@example.org)