What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee includes:
- access to the training sessions
- all training materials
- welcome coffee and coffee breaks
It does not include:
- travel costs
- hotels costs
I want to cancel my registration, how does it work?
Courses can be cancelled until one week prior to the course, unless otherwise stated. To cancel your registration, you need the confirmation email you received after registering. In this email you will find a link to cancel your registration.
In case of no-show without timely notification or valid justification (medical attestation in case of illness, a clarification by your group leader in any other case), following actions will be taken:
- You will not be admitted to any future VIB TRAINING course during 12 months following the no-show. For courses consisting of several days, we expect you to be present at all days.
- For science events, upon no-show without valid justification, the catering costs (€ 50) will be charged to your Research Group.
- For some of our courses, a no-show fee is charged (for courses of several days this applies when attending less than 75% of the course days). This is indicated clearly on the webpage of the specific course and during the registration process.
My payment has failed, what do I do now?
A failed payment can be linked to different causes:
BROWSER - The problem can be linked to the browser you use, or even the browser version. So in first instance we would ask to try in another browser.
FIREWALL - If this doesn't help, we suggest to try to do the registration on another computer in another place. Some firewall settings don't allow people to do payments to unknown suppliers. In some companies that is the case, and this disables the user to finalize a payment.
CREDIT CARD - Last but not least, you should also be aware that some banks have certain suppliers on a black list. As a consequence your bank does not allow you to pay to the supplier. To prevent this, we advise you to get in contact with your bank and ask them to check if our domain is recognised as a trusted supplier.
In case these suggestions do not make a difference , we suggest you send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can look for a solution.