- Upon online registration a confirmation email will be sent automatically to the registrant.
- The specific registration fees applicable to each event are listed on the event webpage
Payment of registration fees
Cancellation of registration
VIB TRAINING offers the opportunity to scientists and supportive staff to put together a personal training program tailored to his or her own career path and ambitions. To guarantee that we can make our training courses available to as many people as possible, we expect you to be present if you have registered for a course. If you cannot attend, we ask you to inform VIB TRAINING as soon as possible. Many of our courses are in high demand, so upon cancellation in due time, someone else can still take your seat. Also, we can avoid unnecessary catering costs.
All events organized by VIB TRAINING apply a no-show policy. Courses can be cancelled until one week prior to the course, unless otherwise stated. In case of no-show without timely notification or valid justification (medical attestation in case of illness, a clarification by your group leader in any other case), following actions are taken:
- You will not be admitted to any future VIB TRAINING course during 12 months following the no-show. For courses consisting of several days, we expect you to be present at all days.
- For science events, upon no-show without valid justification, the catering costs (€ 50) will be charged to your Research Group.
- For some of our courses, a no-show fee of € 100 is charged (for courses of several days this applies when attending less than 75% of the course days). This is clearly indicated on the course webpage under 'Extra Information'.
A certificate of attendance for courses of several days will only be provided when present on all days of the course.
Of course, we trust that you have the permission of your group leader before registering for any VIB TRAINING event!
If a course gets cancelled by Training at VIB, we will reimburse your registration fee. However, travel and/or accomodation will not be reimbursed if we need to cancel the training because of external measures that are out of our hands. We advise you to buy tickets and/or accomodation with cancellation assurance.
Online registration for VIB Training is subject to the following payment conditions:
- VIB Training must receive the payments for the registration fees as detailed on the event webpage before the registration can be confirmed. Admittance to the training cannot be permitted without prior receipt of payment or a valid proof of payment.
- Only in exceptional cases late registrations can also be paid onsite. Such payments may be subject to an additional late registration fee.
- Credit card payments will be processed via a secure online payment module included in the VIB training registration form. Registration fees charged in EUR will be debited in EUR.
- Payments may be made through Visa, Master Card & Maestro.
Training participation and personal data
If you are attending a training, we will use your personal information to:
- process your payments and thus your registration and facilitate your attendance at the event
- provide you with information regarding the training including scheduling and logistics
- provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to training attendees.
- We may also share personal information (other than payment information) of training attendees with the other training attendees. The purpose of this is to enable training attendees to contact each other (prior to) after the training for networking purposes.
Usage of photographic and video material taken at VIB training
VIB takes photographic and video material of participants at events. In registering for a training you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, press releases, promotional activities, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the VIB training website or related social media pages.
Usage of Social Media to Share Information
VIB welcomes and encourages the use of social media by participants. As a courtesy to other members, as well as to presenters at such events, we ask that you follow accepted social media etiquette.
VIB takes your privacy very seriously and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In accordance with the GDPR you have the following rights:
- The right to view your personal data that are being stored at VIB.
- The right to correct the personal data that are being stored at VIB.
- The right to be forgotten. But please not that VIB cannot delete your personal data if the storage of these data is required by law or is necessary in the context of a contract.
- The right to object to certain forms of processing.
- The right to transfer of your personal data on your request to a third party.
phone: +32 9 244 66 11