Basic statistics in R online
23 February 2021
This course consists of videos, live sessions and Q&A sessions.
The course will consist of:
- a theoretical session to explain the statistics behind the analyses in R
- demo sessions to show you how to do statistics in R
- exercise sessions where your questions will be answered and where you apply this knowledge on your own data or on real-life example data
This training gives an introduction to the use of the free statistical software language R.
This introduction is aimed at beginners.
The training covers data handling, graphics, and basic statistical techniques (t-tests, one-way ANOVA and non-parametric equivalents).
A full overview of statistical analyses in R including regression, two-way ANOVA... will be given in follow-up trainings.
By following this training you will:
- get an idea of what R and Rstudio is
- use R to handle data: creating, reading, reformatting and writing data
- use R to create graphics
- use basic statistical techniques in R : t-tests, wilcoxon tests, one-way ANOVA, Kruskal Wallis tests, chi square tests, correlations, survival analysis...
- write and use R scripts
This training is recommended for people with no experience in R who are planning to follow a training that requires some R background, like the mass spectrometry training, the single cell RNASeq and the bulk RNASeq training....
VIB Bioinformatics Core training coordinator