Introductory statistics in GraphPad Prism8, online
03 September 2020
This course consists of videos, a live session and two Q&A sessions.
The course will consist of:
- a theoretical session to explain the statistics behind Prism8
- videos and a live demo session to show you how to do statistics in Prism8
- two Q&A sessions where your questions will be answered and where you apply this knowledge on your own data or on real-life example data
The following topics will be covered:
- How to use Prism8 for simple statistical analyses: t tests, one-way ANOVA and non-parametric counterparts
- How to use Prism8 for more advanced statistical analyses: two-way ANOVA
- How to use Prism8 to create graphs
- Curve fitting in Prism8
- Survival analysis in Prism8
Participants can use their own data on the training.
To be able to join this course you need to have Prism7 or Prism8 software installed on your computer. Older versions of Prism are very different from Prism8 and will not be covered.
VIB Bioinformatics Core distributes the Prism software for free to VIB scientists, for more information you can visit the VIB GraphPad Prism page on www.bits.vib.be.
VIB Bioinformatics Core training coordinator