Negotiate with success
02 March 2021
2, 3 & 30 March 2021 (online)
A seminar on the theme "Negotiate with success - mindset and tools - for lasting partnerships"
At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
- Recognize the characteristics and consequences of various styles of interactions, whether conflictual or not;
- Understand how to build relationships based on interest and opportunity, rather than on conflict or persuasion;
- Get an overview and analysis of the entire negotiation process and master each step;
- Acquire the objectivity and competence necessary to prepare and lead negotiations;
- Know how to prepare in an efficient and detailed way: what they want, how to quantify their aim, how to break it down into negotiable results;
- Master tools directly usable in daily life, whether they are called on to negotiate or not;
- Learn how to use effective questioning techniques, and verbal / non-verbal communication;
- Understand how to build and make an offer, and reach an agreement;
- Increase their negotiation capacities (hands-on practise) in a "risk-free" environment, thus enabling them to be more efficient, save time and share a coherent approach;
- Increase their capacity to build collaborative partnerships.
VIB Group leaders, staff scientists, project managers and postdocs - maximum 12 participants.
- Registration is only open for VIB participants and is free.
- Note that upon no show without valid justification a fee of € 100 will be charged and you will be blacklisted for the VIB training program for 1 year. Click here for more information
Melissa Davies founded negoservices in 2000. Graduate from the London School of Economics, Melissa is an international consultant with wide experience in strategic and operational management, particularly in the fields of IT, project management, organisational development, partnership brokering and fundraising. A professional independent negotiator, Melissa has over 18 years experience in negotiating agreements and building lasting partnerships in both national and international environments, and in training in negotiation skills and conflict management.