Introduction to the analysis of NGS data - online
25 May 2020
The training will be replaced by an online session on youtube on May 25th.
Please register for this training if you want to receive the details of the online session.
For those who want to follow a live face-to-face training: these will not be organized before September.
This training is an introduction to 'Bulk RNA-Seq analysis for differential expression', Hands-on introduction to NGS variant analysis', and 'Hands on introduction to ChIP-Seq analysis'. If you want to follow one of these trainings and you have no experience with NGS data you should follow this introduction first.
This training is an introduction to a series of trainings on the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data. This training is intended for newbies to the field and will teach them all background knowledge required to successfully complete the advanced NGS analysis trainings. To this end the training will give an overview of:
- The Illumina platform
- NGS data formats and file handling
- Quality control of NGS data
- Mapping of NGS data
- Supporting IT: Galaxy and GenePattern platform
- This course is free for VIB participants
- Registration fee for non-VIB academics is 50 euro.
- Registration fee for industry is 300 euro.
- Note that upon no show without valid justification you will be blacklisted for the VIB training program for 1 year. Click here for more information.
VIB Bioinformatics Core training coordinator
The Illumina platform, applications and data formats
Checking the quality of your data using FASTQC + exercise
Quality control + exercise
Mapping + exercise
Visualization of mapping results + exercise
Checking the quality of the mapping + exercise