Leadership workshop: Inspiring and motivating people
27 November 2020
27 November 2020, 9:00 - 13:00
This leadership workshop focusses on one specific topic, 'Inspiring & Motivating People'.
This workshop will help you to:
- Inspire people to identify with the ultimate scientific breakthroughs you are trying to achieve within the research group
- Motivate people to take up their own responsibility and make their own decisions
- Motivate people to accept and support the changes you want to implement
The workshop consists of following steps:
- Defining the specific learning needs (based on the intake questionnaires)
- Briefly explore a number of schemes / models / tools
- Applying the models to specific situations
- Integration of the learned insights to both
- practices, i.e. things that we agree to do from now on
- conditions: what do we have to work out to bring those practices to live?
- personal action plan
To maximize the relevance and usefulness of the training, participants are invited to fill out an intake questionnaire prior to the training in which they can share personal learning questions & challenges. These are translated by the trainers into case studies & exercises to be used during the training.
Groups consist of maximally 10 participants to guarantee the opportunity for in depth experimenting & reflection to all participants.
VIB postdocs and staff scientists that want to get insights in how they can inspire and motivate colleagues and team members.
- This training is only open for VIB participants and is free.
- Note that upon no show without valid justification a fee of € 100 will be charged and you will be blacklisted for the VIB training program for 1 year. Click here for more information.
True Colours® is a creation of Lisa Boelaert and Herwig Deconinck – inspired by 17 years of working together and our shared drive, dream and vision concerning people, development, teamwork & change.
As a change consultancy, True Colours has built a niche within research and academic organisations on the one hand, and they work for profit, non-profit, production and service companies on the other hand.
True Colours coaches:
•Teams (team coaching, conflict mediation, team development, teambuilding)
•Organisations (process support, work conferences and large group interventions, setting up and guiding change programmes, strategy exercises, …)
regarding the changes that are happening to them or in which they find themselves.
True Colours likes to combine their insights and experiences in HR, solutions-focused work practices, organisational design and lean management, and personal and team leadership.
They specialise in short-term projects within a long-term relationship: a thorough knowledge of the client enables us to respond maximally to concrete requests and makes change possible in the short-term. They have been working together with VIB for more that 10 years now.
This half-a-day training is given online and starts at 9.00h. We will use zoom as the online platform, the link to the zoom meeting will be sent a few days in advance.
Before the start of the training, the participants get an online intake questionnaire. This enables us to attune the training maximally to their needs.
The training is (inter-)active: we provide content and tools that participants will actively try out during the days.
We work plenary (presentation, explanation and discussion) and in subgroups. Online trainings are more tiring than real life sessions. Therefore, we provide enough variation in work forms and there will be enough off-screen moments.